15/10/2024

02.1981

Ah, ole Too Tall Tommy... one of my faves, but I couldn't find any of them going through the stacks but this one. Did find a lotta Too Tall Tommy sized holes in pages, tho. I'm prolly gonna blame this on my cousin, least I think he was my couin. The bloodline was never all thart clear adn to this day I couldn't tell ya how we were related, if we even were. I know he loved the Tommy bits, Tommy and the Pope, Tommy and Phyllis Diller, Tommy and Lassie... I'm struggling to think of somebody that didn't end up hitchin' a ride and rolling their eyes while Tommy shouted out Hillbilly-ese into his CB like like there was no tomorrow. Not sure how this one survived the chop. Also don't know if the creators of the character would be happy or sad to know some people, like my "cousin", saw him as a role model and ended up pretty much being him. Course my cousin was fat as all get out an so I assume he went by Weally Wide Willy, he also talkked like that so I'm pretty sure. I think my dad had a beer coozy and mebbe a trucker hat with ole Tommy, yackin' it all across the pot holed highways of this great land. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment